In a particular nod to the debut of the initial Ford GT40 prototype at the 1964 New York Vehicle Present, Ford Motor Co. in Dearborn is returning to the Huge Apple for the 1st public appearance of its new GT Heritage Edition — the 2022 Ford GT Holman Moody Version.
The reveal marks the closing 2022 Heritage Version shelling out tribute to the GT40 MK II race auto that concluded the renowned 1-2-3 sweep at the 24 Hours of Le Mans in 1966.
“Of all the Ford GT Heritage Version liveries we’ve completed, the Holman Moody Heritage Edition’s simply cannot-miss signature gold and crimson theme is an epic tribute to our 1966 Le Mans end,” says Mike Severson, Ford GT software supervisor. “Inspired by one particular of the most well-recognized Ford GT40 race vehicles, this hottest Ford GT honors the Holman Moody race team’s knowhow and capacity to out-innovate worldwide competitors.”
The Holman Moody team performed a important job in the GT40’s race results. Subsequent the 1965 Le Mans race, Ford’s recently formed Le Mans committee tasked Holman Moody (and Shelby American) to rework the GT40 MK II.
Driven additional than 265 laps around eight times in January 1966, chassis No. P/1016 became a laboratory on wheels as the teams labored to redesign brakes, suspension, and tire setups to be more aggressive, even making an attempt an experimental computerized transmission. They experienced a single aim: Win the 1966 Le Mans race.
The spirit of innovation served travel the output of the 2022 Ford GT’s track-able hardware, paddle-shifting 7-velocity dual-clutch transmission, and carbon fiber human body.
The extremely-restricted-output GT Holman Moody Version supercar will be on screen at the 2022 New York Intercontinental Auto Clearly show aspect-by-facet with the podium-inserting Holman Moody Ford GT40 MK II, chassis No. P/1016.
The special gold and crimson livery of the confined-version supercar features signature Oxford White roundels with No. 5 stamped on the doors, hood, and rear wing — all matching the visual appearance of the 1966 Ford GT40 raced by Holman Moody.
Uncovered gloss carbon fiber factors are prominent, including on the 20-inch wheels, entrance splitter, facet sills, mirrors, engine louvers, and rear diffuser. Brembo brake calipers lacquered in black with silver graphics, furthermore black lug nuts, further more modernize the aesthetic.
Carbon fiber carries into the cabin, showing on doorway sills, console, and registers, as very well as a cleaver matte No. 5 roundel on the doorway panels. Ebony Alcantara-wrapped carbon fiber seats aspect gold accent stitching, when embossed seating surfaces and head restraints carry a debossed GT symbol.
The instrument panel is wrapped in Ebony leather-based and Ebony Alcantara, while pillars and headliner are wrapped exclusively in Ebony Alcantara.
Gold appliqués on the instrument panel, doorway sign up bezels, and seat X-brace are paired with the matte carbon fiber on the registers, doorway sills, reduce A-pillars, and console. The steering wheel is finished in Ebony Alcantara with black stitching, when twin-clutch paddle shifters are concluded in exterior-matching Holman Moody Gold.
The Ford GT Heritage Version series celebrates the supercar’s landmark moments in motorsports record, including, of system, its Le Mans titles. In all, the sequence includes 9 ultra-confined-edition supercars, with two continue to in output. These include things like:
- 2022 Ford GT Alan Mann Heritage Version honoring the No. 16 Alan Mann Ford GT MK I lightweight experimental prototype that helped pave the way for the 1-2-3 sweep at the 1966 24 Hrs of Le Mans at the moment in generation
- 2022 Ford GT ’64 Prototype Heritage Edition honoring Ford GT’s roots and the earliest 5 first Ford GT prototypes at present in production
- 2021 Ford GT ’66 Daytona Heritage Version honoring the Ford GT MK II No. 98 race automobile that gave Ford a 1-2-3-5 domination at Daytona in 1966, kicking off a magical year for the Ford GT40 MK II only 50 built
- 2020 Ford GT ’69 Gulf Livery Heritage Edition honoring the Ford GT40 MK I No. 6 race car that was victorious at Le Mans in 1969 only 50 constructed
- 2019 Ford GT ’68 Gulf Livery Heritage Version honoring Ford GT40 MK I No. 9 race motor vehicle that was victorious at Le Mans in 1968 only 50 constructed
- 2018 Ford GT ’67 Heritage Version honoring Ford GT40 MK IV No. 1 race auto that was victorious at Le Mans in 1967 only 39 created
- 2017 Ford GT ’66 Heritage Edition honoring Ford GT40 MK II No. 2 that won 1966 Le Mans race only 27 developed
- 2006 Ford GT Gulf Livery Heritage Version commemorating GT40’s back-to-back 24 Several hours of Le Mans titles in 1968 and 1969 only 343 developed
The 2022 Ford GT Holman Moody Heritage Edition is readily available for approved Ford GT clients, with 1st deliveries using area this spring. Pricing information was not declared.