TORONTO, March 01, 2021 (World NEWSWIRE) — Canadian Apartment Homes Genuine Estate Expenditure Have confidence in (“CAPREIT”) (TSX:Automobile.UN) introduced currently that it issued its second yearly Environmental, Social, and Governance (“ESG”) Report offering an overview of the company’s ESG methods, insurance policies, and commitments, and highlighting the progress built in 2020.
“Our ESG initiatives reinforce our commitment to greatly enhance our environmental efficiency, build strong engagement with our staff and our citizens, and sustain large amounts of transparency and governance” commented Mark Kenney, President and CEO. “Our 2020 ESG Report outlines our ESG-linked tactic to provide lengthy-phrase price to unitholders, and we are happy to reiterate CAPREIT’s commitment in addressing subject areas of great importance to our residents, staff members, buyers and the communities in which we live and operate.”
Highlights of CAPREIT’s 2020 ESG Report incorporate:
- Investing over $15 million in vitality performance actions, including launching a centralized developing automation process (“BAS”).
- Obtaining roughly 2.5% of annual strength consumption reduction considering the fact that 2010.
- Continuing to foster a culture of equality, range and inclusion by providing ideal-in-course programs for our workers and inhabitants.
- Providing ESG schooling to the Board of Trustees and staff firm-huge.
- Furthering our motivation to environmental transparency by publishing to CDP.
- Being rated in the major quartile of the Ideal Employer application for the 7th consecutive calendar year.
- Earning Environmentally friendly Star designation in inaugural 2020 GRESB submission.
Our 2020 ESG Report can be found by checking out the CAPREIT web page at www.caprent.com.
CAPREIT is Canada’s biggest publicly-traded company of top quality rental housing. CAPREIT at this time owns or has pursuits in, and manages, approximately 67,600 household apartment suites, townhomes and made housing community sites perfectly-positioned across Canada, in the Netherlands and Eire. For additional info about CAPREIT, its business enterprise and its investment decision highlights, make sure you check out our web page at www.caprent.com or www.capreit.web, and our public disclosure which can be uncovered under our profile at www.sedar.com.
CAUTIONARY STATEMENTS Concerning Ahead-Hunting STATEMENTS
All statements in this press launch that do not relate to historic details constitute ahead-searching statements. These statements stand for CAPREIT’s intentions, options, expectations and beliefs and are issue to particular risks and uncertainties that could consequence in precise success differing materially from these forward-looking statements. These risks and uncertainties are much more completely described in regulatory filings that can be acquired on SEDAR at www.sedar.com.
For extra info, be sure to get hold of:
Mr. Michael Stein
Mr. Mark Kenney
President & CEO
Mr. Scott Cryer
Chief Economical Officer